Saturday, October 26, 2013

Hip hop dying? Say it ain't so!

          Remember that song Eminem made, "Without Me?" In that song, he dissed Moby and said "Nobody listens to techno" Looks like those days are over. For the longest time, Rap and R&B dominated the radio; now I'm hearing more and more of this EDM crap. When I was at a journalism workshop this guy from Power 96 was teaching a class on radio and he had the nerve to say that hip hop isn't where it used to be, we are living in a modern disco age and all the hottest songs are either techno or funk. And to add on that, at my school's Homecoming, the music played was 65% EDM. If hip hop isn't dying, then it's stagnate. It's time to face facts, the end is nigh. Pretty soon rap fans will be a minority, we're going to hear more ignorant comments like: "Ha! you still listen to rap? all it is is money, drugs and hoes!" "Dude, hip hop is dead man! You gotta listen to EDM; this is the future!"

           I wrote about something like this before "Hip Hop Renaissance" but it's really starting to get to me. I heard EDM versions of "Love Sosa" and "Suicidal Thoughts,"
 
WHEN WILL IT STOP?!!??

            What do you think about this? Am I overreacting? Should I let it go and move on? Does anybody out there feel my pain?  Let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment