Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Yeezus, Born Sinner, WMWTSO, and Talk a Good Game

               Another failed prediction- Kanye West's Yeezus outsold J.Cole's Born Sinner by 30,878 copies in the first week. Here are the sales for all the albums that came out last week including Mac Miller's Watching Movies with the Sound Off and Kelly Rowland's Talk a Good Game.

http://www.complex.com/music/2013/06/first-week-sales-for-kanye-west-mac-miller-and-j-cole-are-in

             What surprises me the most about all of this is the fact that Mac Miller outsold Kelly Rowland. Seriously? Where are all of the Destiny's Child fans at? I thought the story behind Dirty Laundry would for sure attract a lot of consumers. I mean c'mon, Mac Miller beat Kelly Rowland, am I the only one bothered by this?

            Back to the J. Cole and Kanye thing, the way I see it- J. Cole's album sales went up from the last one while Kanye's significantly decreased. I don't know who bought Yeezus, maybe the Kardashian family hoarded a couple hundred copies but regardless, Kanye should send them all a fruit basket.

         Don't get me wrong, Kanye will always be my favorite rapper, but Cole got robbed. By 30,878 people. To Mr. Cole, if you're reading this, don't be discouraged. And to Mr. West, congrats on the baby and I mean no disrespect.

No comments:

Post a Comment