Saturday, January 30, 2016

Watch Out Freestyle, thank you

     Every so often I have to take a step back and acknowledge where I am and how far I’ve come. 2015 was a year of superlatives. Last summer was the greatest summer of my life. So much got done: David P and I launched Emphasis, Thirst Responsibly was in the works, and The Adventures of Smurf and Smiley is back from hiatus. The productivity didn’t stop when I got back to school either. I kept writing for the school paper and I kept keeping you all in the Mix which included a music video with ThatDude and a New Year’s extravaganza with him and Kali.
In celebration for all that’s happened I recorded a freestyle. I was watching 2Chainz’s music video for “Watch Out” and somehow it inspired me. I even made a Rap Genius page for it so you can sing along and decode the lyrics. In the intro I shout out a lot of people and the things that they’re working on. It was too long for me to transcribe so I’ll explain it all here.

     Right now ThatDude and I are working hard to get Thirst Responsibly published and out to the masses. Speaking of which, if you see anybody on social media shamelessly thirsting, send them the link (deisainvil.blogspot.com/2015/09/thirst-responsibly-finessing-on-social.html) with “#ThirstResponsibly.” David P and I will be getting back to work on Emphasis this summer. I’m also editing an unpublished book that a friend and I wrote in middle school. There’s no time table for that yet. My cousin is busy with his clothing company, Freshco Fly. He's got a new line of products coming very soon. My other cousin Alex is working on his mixtape, “Trap Care.” There's no timetable on the release, but it’s also on the way.
  • Support my friend Andre Bolourian by reading his blog and watching his videos.
  • Support my friend Kali by reading her blog and going to her comedy shows if you’re in the area, (she’ll be performing at Bird’s Aphrodisiac Oyster Shack on Feb. 10)
  • Support my cousin Chris by pre-ordering some clothes from Freshco Fly.
  • Support QuinceLu and listen to his latest mixtape, “A.L.I.E.N.”
  • Support ThatDude and read his blog which he recently updated with a new post.
  • Support Ms. Agostini and buy a card from her 
  • Support my cousin Alex and listen to his music on Soundcloud

     There are two people who I have to thank especially. Dilia Suggs and Dario Phillpe. Dilia is the one who told me I should create a blog. I was a 10th grader and had no idea what to do with my own site. Regardless, I kept writing and writing until I started feeling like this was going nowhere. That was when my Sunday school teacher, Dario, told me to build up In the Mix. I was about to delete the whole thing, but he saw something in it that I didn’t. If it weren’t for these two, I’d be playing video games right now. Or watching Taken for the 25th time.

     None of this could’ve happened without God. Thank you to everyone who’s been down and has supported me in anything I did. From Coral Springs to Tally and beyond, thank you. With all that being said, brace yourselves for these dope rhymes (click the picture):

No comments:

Post a Comment