Monday, May 20, 2013

Yeezus and my feelings on Kanye

           More information on Kanye West's new album has finally been released. So now we have a title, Yeezus, release date, June 18th and possible cover art. And we also have two singles to listen to: New Slaves and Black Skinhead. As a fan, I don't know what to feel about all of this. When I first heard New Slaves it sounded like a Cruel Summer reject but I will grow on it after a few more listens.

           My predictions are this: Yeezus will be the most creative and groundbreaking album in rap history. Kanye continues to break new ground through artistry and marketing, just look at what he did with New Slaves. Whether you think he's an egomaniac or not you cannot deny that the man is a genius. Twenty years from now when Rolling Stone lists the Top 100 artists Kanye should be top 10. Even though his lyricism may not have been the best of best his creativity has been an inspiration to this generation and won't be forgotten.

I'm definitely getting the album. Like I said, summer 2013 is going to be big for hip hop!

No comments:

Post a Comment