Thursday, December 19, 2013

Are There Any Good Movies Anymore?

            When was the last time you saw a good movie in theaters that wasn't a superhero film? I've done a lot of blogging about hip hop supposedly dying but I didn't notice that movies have been sucking recently. Honestly, if it's not a part of a big franchise, a movie won't make any noise. Sure, movies still make millions in the box office but we never hear about it anymore. I see more cellphone commercials than movie trailers. Maybe I'm being a pessimistic snob all I'm saying is it's been a while since I've heard anybody my age talk about seeing a movie that looks good. The movie theater is just a hangout spot for "cool" middle school kids in my town.
             I can't be the only person whose noticed this. There's nothing worth $11 coming out in theaters. What are some of the recent blockbusters? World War Z, That Hobbit Movie, Thor 2, Hunger Games the Sequel. If you have seen these movies, was it really worth the full price or could you have easily waited for the Redbox release? Think about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment