Tuesday, July 29, 2014

#WomanCrushWednesday

     Well it’s Wednesday and you know what that means. For the next 24 hours guys will collectively flood social media sites with pictures of the women of their unearthly desires followed by a caption stating their name, a few love-struck emojis and the ever so popular "#wcw." Personally I see nothing wrong with Woman Crush Wednesdays; I think they’re great. It gives single guys the opportunity to publicly praise and stroke the egos of their favorite object of lust for the week. For men in relationships, it allows them to show off their significant other.
      Some say #wcw was created by men to get them off the hook from going-all out on Valentine’s Day due to weekly appreciation women get throughout the year. Others say #wcw was created for study purposes by a group of psychologists at UCLA. Whoever the creator and whatever the purpose was, there is one undisputed motive behind #wcwacknowledgement.

      You see, unlike girls who could care less if James Franco sees he’s been selected as their Man Crush Monday, men yearn for the attention of their dream girls. We’re like dogs huddled around a beautiful woman, barking and nudging her hand so that she can see us and give a rewarding pat on the head. The pat on the head in this case is liking the picture and maybe leaving a comment to express her gratitude. The biggest reward is getting a follow back; that is the equivalent of a stomach rub and a satisfying scratch behind the ears.

       Fellas, remember when you were in middle school and you wanted all of your friends to see that you and the prettiest girl knew each other on a personal level. You felt like the Man when you were with your boys and the "It" girl walked by with her friends and she spotted you and went out of her way to say "hi" to you and only you. Your friends were shocked and they looked at you with reverence. The rewards of #wcw are like that except on a far less personal level.

       I’ve posted #wcws before but I’ve never been lucky enough to get a response from any of them. No matter how persistent I am I can’t seem to catch their eye. Even if they have retweeted or liked 50 other guys’ pictures, I came too late. I did have a woman crush follow me on Instagram though, and it was my greatest achievement. I take a screenshot of it and made it my wallpaper. I even enlarged the screenshot, framed it and hung it over my bed. But then one day she unfollowed me and tore my heart to pieces. I didn’t understand what I did to deserve it. I tried asking her, but she ignored me. I even went as far as visiting her at her job and waiting for her on her front porch, but my efforts were unsuccessful. Now I have to stay 50 ft. away from her. Sigh, unrequited love…

      So yeah, Woman Crush Wednesdays: great thing, except when it casues you to be deemed a "stalker," then it sucks.

Current WCW for the 3rd consecutive week- Analicia Chaves,

Woman Crush All Day Everyday- Nicki Minaj.

No comments:

Post a Comment