Thursday, March 21, 2013

Where is Hip Hop At Part 4?

Ok, so to recap: The leaders of Hip Hop right now- Drake, Lil Wayne, and Kanye West
Future of Hip Hop- Kendrick Lamar

My solution... We need a Renaissance. A period of new ideas and thinking. A new Golden Age is what we need.

Something similar to the Tribe Called Quest, Leaders of the New School, and De La Soul days. Or takes us as far back as the Run DMC era with LL Cool J, Eric B. and Rakim, and EPMD. Make hip hop fun again, give us something to dance to without having to censor it. Enlighten us with your take on government conspiracy if you will but at least do some factual research first. And have your own ideas, I'm begging you.

Hip Hop is going to end up like a washed up child star with a heroin addiction if we don't do something soon. One man can't carry a whole industry on his back and I don't want to see the day when EDM takes over.

When that day comes, I'll seclude myself from society, listening to The Low End Theory while sucking my thumb in a fetal postion.

This is Deion A. Sainvil, signing off on this series. Comment and tell me how you feel, I really want to know what people think of this.

No comments:

Post a Comment