Thursday, March 21, 2013

Where is Hip Hop At? Pt.1

Every time I'm in the car, I hear the same tired rap songs over and over again on the radio. And when I look into the underground, I'm not too impressed. Hip Hop is becoming redundant, there is only so many ways that someone can brag about money, street cred, swag, and their extravagant sex lives. Can we have some surburban rappers please? Or at least different themes. I wouldn't mind hearing a few rhymes about living in a gated community and having rich jewish neighbors, as long as its fresh.

Who do you think are the leaders of hip hop right now? Honestly. 10 years from now, who will be remembered as the leaders of hip hop during this generation. Kanye West, Lil Wayne, Drake. Simple as that. Let's be real. You disagree? Let me know, and stay tuned for part 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment