Thursday, March 21, 2013

Where is Hip Hop At? Pt.3

Okay so we talked about the leaders of the game right now, but what about the future? This one might piss you off. The only real future of hip hop... Kendrick Lamar.

Now I know some of you are reading this saying "WOAHH DEION!" and you're probably cursing up a storm and calling me a bunch of names but deep down I know you know I'm right.
Kendrick Lamar, lets break it down. Kendrick has an album that's already called a classic, he's been getting alot of mainstream hype, and white folks love him. Even suburban parents can be heard walking around saying "Drank" Who else can you tell me is in that position? Kendrick already has the ingredients ready for a hall of fame rap career while all of the other people that you were probably thinking about will most likely be fizzled out by 2014. I mean let's be honest.

J. Cole, okay, I like the guy, but he's a Drake clone who wants to be as deep and philophical as Nas and Pac, C'MON!!!

Joey Bada$$, I love his stuff, but he will just be another underground Brooklyn MC with maybe, maybe one hot radio song at the end of the day. And that group of less talented rappers that he carries around like an obnoxious carry-on (Pro Era) will only drag him down. I'm sorry but the truth hurts.

Who else might be considered? A$AP Rocky is a definite no. His biggest songs have features that are better than his own verses. Odd Future? Please! Earl doesn't even make sense anymore (go and listen to "Woah" and you will see what I mean) and their fanbase consists of disturbed teens who came too late to hear Eminem in his prime.

Don't like what I said? TELL ME. I know alot of you are butthurt right now and someone out there wants to strangle me. Until then, Part 4 is coming up next

No comments:

Post a Comment