Saturday, March 30, 2013

My MTV and Disney Conspiracy

I never really liked Disney movies all that much. I saw most of them multiple times but it was never by choice. I don't why, maybe it was the lack of diversity and constant musical numbers that disinterested me but I've always been a Nickelodeon and Cartoon Network fan.

I dislike Disney more than ever now because, looking back, I realize how Disney not only advertises stereotypes and gender roles to young kids but it gives false hopes to children. Finding your Prince Charming and living happily ever after after defeating the darker skinned villain is all bologna.

And then I thought about MTV and some of the crap they put out. Filth like Jersey Shore, 16 and Pregnant, and Parental Control that us teenagers were hooked on at one time depict a distorted and trashy fairy tale. In MTV's world the Prince is a juice head, cheating douche and the Princess is a sleazy foul mouth with possible VD's and pregnancy scares. They both live happily ever after in either their parents home, some crappy apartment or Jersey after being defeated by their own stupidity.

My theory is this- Disney and MTV work together to brainwash people. Disney starts off with the young by feeding them this BS fantasy fairytale crap and then once those kids reach the age of 13 they start watching MTV and glorify that demented fantasy. The outcome is reckless adolescents with who think life is all a big party. That's just how I feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment