Friday, February 14, 2014

Happy Valentine's Day? Pt. 2

                It took me awhile but I finally realized why a lot of people don’t like this day. For 24 hours, anybody who isn’t in a relationship is forced to play the third wheel. Whether it be hearing about what others have planned with their boyfriend or girlfriend or seeing gratuitous amounts of cheesy PDA, Cupid is fluttering in our faces, reminding us of our relationship status. The older you get, the more it sucks when you’re single.

               Elementary and middle school had me thinking everyone had a chance to find a special someone. Boy was I wrong, if you don’t have a special someone by Februrary 14th, you won’t have one the next day. And if you’re the type of person to wait and anticipate romance on this day, you need to come to reality. Either that or go on eHarmony.

               If Valentine’s Day to you is all about the candy, then you’re doing it right. I can’t stand obligatory actions; I’ll explain more in Part 3.

              Before I go I want to ask this question—is it mandatory for men who are in relationships with teachers to go to their spouse’s school on Valentine’s Day? I’m looking at these guys and I’m like, “Where the Hell were you in August?” Maybe it’s a coincidence. Maybe all the teachers’ cars broke down or one guy decided to visit his lady at work and a bunch of other guys decided to do the same. Either way, it seems like these men do it to enhance their chances of getting play. Hey, more power to them if it works.
In case you didn’t already read it: http://deisainvil.blogspot.com/2014/02/happy-valentines-day_14.html

No comments:

Post a Comment